Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Educator only. I knew there would be more questions about

Customer Question

For law educator only. I knew there would be more questions about this probate matter. The widow we were discussing earlier was apparently told by a local lawyer that the dead husband's car and various other items would be hers, without a doubt. The widow is now putting the car on the internet for sale. I am told the daughter of the dead husband did not file papers in time, then fired her lawyer two weeks after she hired him or her. So. Now what? Doesn't someone have to go see the judge about this estate before anything else?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The car cannot be sold unless the title is changed into the widow's name. The title cannot be transferred without probate court. The daughter is an heir, she is going to get her 1/2 share of everything. Your friend needs to get the attorney and file the probate in court to stop her from doing anything with the property. Someone has to see the judge and it needs to be your friend if she wants to do anything about this.
Do not forget to leave positive feedback here thank you.