How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in a similar scenario as found on the board- I work in

Customer Question

i'm in a similar scenario as found on the board- I work in NY- mom doesn't work and is primary custody holder of our two sons- one is sixteen and in therapeutic boarding school- the other is 14 and she wants to send him to one- she gets 12grand a month in child support- if the kids don't live with her- do I still have to pay (I am paying for boarding school as well)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

You can return to court and request a modification for termination of any support that is paid to the Mother. There may be some deviations such as if the children spend holiday or vacation time with either of you. But it is something to consider.