How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28034
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my boyfriend on my checking account he has no money

Customer Question

I have my boyfriend on my checking account he has no money going into my account , but he owes back child support and the child support people keeps trying to take my money just because they see his name on it , is there anything I can do to stop them from taken my money , an issue I have nothing to do with the child support
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. They have no way of knowing the source of the funds, so what they see in it, they would deem that he has a right and access to. As such, you could either remove him from the checking account or go so far as close the account, so that they can not take any more money from it and force him to open his own account. If he has no money going into it, then he really does not need a checking account in his name and can stop them from at least trying to collect through those means. Of course, you can try calling them up and explaining to them that he has no money going in and it is your account but they may just ignore you and think you are trying to cover for him.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!