How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ely - you left me last time saying"was too advance I

Customer Question

Ely - you left me last time saying"was too advance for you" I need another lawyer please
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for touching base with me. I opted out of the question because I had to step away from the site, and I did not wish to keep you waiting on an answer.

I am going to go ahead and opt out of this question - no worries - and the first available expert will pick it up.

I am also going to close the prior "duplicate" you had.

All the best and no need to reply or to open another thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did call customer service and then was billed twice. I was told log on again, don't pay again and ask for new choices of lawyers and would not be charged 3 times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need (needed) t get this done yesterday - if I have to keep the computer on all night I will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im having and issue from getting from one site to another and noWIFI ?? acceptable on phone. (Apple Store is next.) so if you could respond here that would be best.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please advise what your questions is so I can attempt to help you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon MIAMILAW1127 - I finally got through to customer service of the confusion. I DO WANT TO CONTINUE OR "START" WITH YOU. However, I do want to do it in this manner - not via phone call.Thank you - Brenda, and Im ready when you are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Keep in min, this is "to me" complicated" and I am no longer represented by a lawyer - but I feel after 4 years I can do this - and END it!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its' been just under two hours, Im still waiting and will, but have Liver Disease and get tired. Im doing a few things, but taking the computer with me every room I go to.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

I'm here.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Could you please tell me what your question is as I cannot see it in the thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No , as I have said several times I want/need to do it this way. I've had computer all day - Ive been trying to get through, I don't want a call I want/need too it this way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have NO TIME to sit on the phone - I am just home from the hospital (in need of a liver transplant, worn out). I need to come back and forth to the site, as among all of this I am moving up the road starting Friday and am slowly packing. I guess I will ask the questions and pray for the best.
#1 I am NOT represented any longer and can not afford to hire again. In my divorce settlement there is a stipulation that I was to get $150,000 on a certain day and I did. My attorney was to be paid first (was), and then my second lawyer that once finding out I was getting money, attached a Lien causing havoc . I received a minimal amount, but the rest was put in escrow until I settled with him (this will be question number two. Back to number one. In the Settlement Agreement it is CLEARLY stated that an additional $150,000 is to be paid to me ( in this case now would be escrow) on July 1, 2015. If this is not done, it states that he would owe me an additional $25,000 and the deed to the house would go back in my name ( of course this is huge and I would sell). I live in MO now and the case was settled in Brooklyn NY. How do QUICKLY, go about filing a Contempt of Court Motion, being out of state and no lawyer, as I received an email from my ex saying he would try to pay by Labor Day - that is 2 months late and I am tired of being railroaded.#2 Regarding the second lawyer that left me 2 months before trial, sent a signed letter to my lawyer agreeing to accept $16,500 rather than the full $41,000. I agreed. Then apparently he went after my ex for the remainder and of course his high profile NYC lawyer laughed. He then called my lawyer and said if I added an additional $5,000 (which to me is extortion) he would call it a day. Court was held recently and my ex, his lawyer, and my second lawyer showed up. The papers sent to me to not seem to apply to me, I thought it was second lawyer going after my ex for the difference. Since I was not there (and I am sure the Judge did not get the whole story, he was awarded and paid $41,000 from escrow. All the meanwhile, I had already filed a Grievance and then was directed to send 6 copies of any pertinent documents to the Bar Association, which I am understanding is still under review. Do I try to send overnight return receipt with a letter and attach second lawyers agreement to the Judge that awarded him in full, and or contact the Bar Association?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was speaking with a Rep - VERY helpful, I was going to wait to do a survey for her while waiting for you and the line went dead.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

I'm not asking to get on a call with you.

1. What you would need to file is a Motion to Enforce the Settlement Agreement. You would need to draft the motion yourself and then file it with the clerk of courts into the pending case.

2. Yes. You should also file a Motion for Rehearing/Reconsideration to reset the matter for hearing so you can be present since you weren't the first time. You would do this along with the Motion to Enforce the Settlement Agreement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to talk to you so you know what's going on - it's not that simple I don't think!1!!
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Please tell me what else is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To start with I have been divorced via court twice and three lawyers ( huge mess.) Back in on Fraud and Perjury and now I filed on my own for Order to Show Cause. I was granted getting back in because since I gave him the house and was to indemnify me from his tax problems and lies of a satisfied lien on house (lie). When my finalization was in Appellate Court he told me I didn't need to be there and that was FALSE. So in the stipulation it stated 1/2 hours (lawyers first) and second half to me by July1, 2015. If this was not done, he would have to pay another $25,000 . If this failed, the deed to the house was to be put in my name. To date (last court date was Dec. 1) this has yet to be done. They want to make a deal with me in the hall , she said NO. She gave us until Jan. 22 to come up and agree (and of course this is my window of opportunity), or in Court Feb. 10 for Conference and move on with ALL. Problems being, my liver doc will not let me leave town - need transplant - second being approx Oct., 2015 , my ex lost an 8 year class action suit - fired three pregnant women - to the the tune of $6.2 Million to split. I don't know what he's up to, calls me - never used to - like I said Im thinking a new settlement offer - if they say no I try for probono? Wide open from Unjust Enrichment, Fraud and Negligence, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, to more money is reality. He is 58 - what about his SS? Also, if he says yes I think I should d get a life ins policy of him because if something happens to him?? Also, if he loses the business because of these women, what about me? That is the tip of the iceberg. So if you can please help me I will be awaiting your response. Brenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTW, this is in Westchester Supreme Court, Judge Janet Malone, Index No. 2345-2010, 3999-2012. 111 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. , White Plains NY 10601
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, you would think Judge Malone knows, but the case with the 3 women is in The Bronx. I think she would see him in a whole new light. Plus he let me in to get a few this in Dec. and I had a White Plains Appraiser - totally legal, take photos of the house, because at one time he gutted it to devalue it so I would get less. He has now done upwards of $600,000 in renovations, and ALL new appliances ( house was already worth 1.2K ), but he couldn't pay me? I don't think she would take kindly to this at ALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been since 1:00, almost 4 1/2 hours. I still want answers. Should we pick up in the am? Can be early, 6 am MO time, I will be home, but can not sit on computer all day again, and the next several days are doctors, etc., not mention looking to put together a settlement (oh, he wants to pay me $150,000 + $25,000 broken down into 8 years! NOOOOOOO I won't hang up, though Im losing battery and having computer issue when I plug it in to charge. Hope you will let me know soon how to proceed because I am VERY VERY tired and need my liver (night) medications.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to opt out to allow another expert to assist you.

Related Family Law Questions