How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a statute that permits me to name a medical

Customer Question

Is there a statute that permits me to name a medical caregiver (e.g. Visiting Angels, etc.) to serve as my representative or "family member" to assist my 91-year old mother in a skilled nursing facility while I am out of state. Specifically to help her get additional exercise time and private personal hygiene time? I typically help her get to and from bathroom for extra cleaning sessions and help her do exercises that the facility is not willing/able (no staff/no Medicare authorization) to provide.
I need a representative to keep this going while I'm traveling, but nursing facility says only their aides, a family member of a certified STNA (at $27/hour) can do this--although they don't have sufficient staff to do these additional functions. Help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Before I can give you a full answer, I need to understand a few things better. When you say that you need a representative to assist your mother, are you looking for documentation to provid the skilled nursing facility? Is your mother mentally capable of making an informed decision on that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I cannot do a live phone call at this time. Would you like to continue with this chat, or would you like for me to opt out and allow another expert to assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found my answer through another source. I do not wish to use this service and did not get my answer from
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.