How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34530
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found some disturbing searches on my 10 year old

Customer Question

I found some disturbing searches on my 10 year old daughter's cell phone who's account is attached to my ex-husband. I took photos of them and sent them to my e-mail account for reference. We have 50/50 custody with one month on-one month off. The searches were when she was with him and I think it may just be that his e-mail/Google search account is linked to hers; the phone is his old one; he is a computer expert.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but I do not see a question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I do? I deleted the searches from my daughter's phone but now need to know if I should call CPS and/or get a restraining order against him. He lives in a remote area and has custody of her one the even numbered months - I have the odd ones. His family has a history of viewing porn on computers and I don't know what else. As far as I know, it is not underage stuff but I don't know. I am very concerned that she is alone with my ex for 30 days at a time.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
If you fear that your child's safety and/or wellbeing are in danger? Then you should contact child services (in the county where he resides).

And you can also consider hiring an attorney and going back to court to ask the court to modify the custody order.

If there is evidence that he is exposing the child to pornography, the court can consider that and reduce or eliminate his time with the child

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Family Law Questions