Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I need to respond with a written answer with the clerk who

Customer Question
issued this citation for "...
i need to respond with a written answer with the clerk who issued this citation for " child support and medical support order to appear and show cause".
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
1/7/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good morning, What is the basis for which this was ordered? Can you share with me some more information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Motion for enforcement of child support and medical support
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I have 20 days to file a written answer with the clerk who issued a citation by 10 a.m. what do I need to respond with

Thank you. You need to respond and address the basis for which they are looking to enforce the support. If it has not been paid as ordered, you need to show good cause and explain why this was the case. You need to show that it was through no fault of your own and why you can pay or present evidence to show what is preventing you from doing so. In these types of motions and hearing, the burden is on you, to show why you failed to comply with the court order. You want to respond to each and every allegation and then be ready to appear and argue/support the circumstances.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer