How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19664
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father is 96 and lives with my stepmother. He has COPD

Customer Question

My father is 96 and lives with my stepmother. He has COPD and dementia. She leaves him alone 40+ hours/week to work full time. I appreciate her financial situation but when I brought up the idea that it could be dangerous to leave him home alone she became abusive and refused to let me see my father. I called Social Services and they claimed that she had gotten a carer, but I recently found out that she lied to them and he is still home alone. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Call Social Services again and let them know that there is no caregiver for your father when your stepmother is at work and that she lied to them.

You may also file Emergency Motion with the Court and ask for the opportunity to see how your father is doing because you are afraid what is going to happen when your stepmother continuously leaves him at home alone with no caregiver when she is at work.

You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried calling the Clerk's Office and they don't seem to know about the form you mention. Could you help me with that please? -- is there a specific name for this form?
Thank you.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: There is no specific name for the form. You just need a blank Motion form. Motion is how you request the Court to do something. The Clerk's office have blank forms. You can also download the forms online: