How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a 59 year old non biological grand faher to my grand kids

Customer Question

im a 59 year old non biological grand faher to my grand kids since they were all born and mygirlfreinds children are like my own for over 13 years my one step daughter had a bad drug issue which i finally got her clean my step daughters children have called me poppie sincee they could all speak the oldest son is super special to me and me to him for the last five years he always came to my home every other wkend and he tells me im like his dad because his real dad never rarely saw him and was found dead 8 months ago he even told me im his real life super hero winning the lotto wouldnt be as nice as what he calls pop but recently his other grand mother took part custody and no longer lets him see me or talk to me and i know hes as broken hearted as i his real mom doesnt care about him and the grandparent that has him was so jelous over our bond she has turned her jelousness into hatred towards me how can i get back myvisits with my grandson super broken hearted pop
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are the children you want visitation with step-children/step-grandchildren from a marriage, or just children of a friend of yours?

2. Did the children live under your roof for any time, and if yes, for how long?

Thanks in advance,