Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am a 71 year old man who is 100% disabled as determined by

Customer Question
the VA and social Security...
I am a 71 year old man who is 100% disabled as determined by the VA and social Security. I entered into a divorce action in 2008. A judgment entry in the case was made in March of 2010. The court ruled that I was voluntarily unemployed even though at the time I was 66 and disabled. They then used my income prior to my retirement to impute income that was used to determine spousal support and other payments. They awarded my ex all of the marital and separate assets plus attorney fees even though her actual income n 2010 was greater than mine. I was awarded all of the marital debts. My ex and her attorney were allowed to perjure themselves without consequence. I appealed this pro se up to the Supreme Court of Ohio who refuse to hear the case. I am therefor sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. The court ordered all of my retirement assets including my pensions and social security to be given to my ex who is 59 years old. I am barely getting by in my VA disability benefits which the court wants. I have two adult disabled sons that I take care of. The court is using the contempt of court ruling to take all of my income. I am out of money and cannot get help from anyone. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/6/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid I do not know what your question for us on this matter is, since you have appealed all the way to the Supreme Court and the judgment has been upheld? The Supreme Court is the last avenue of relief for those claiming incorrect judgments against them.
Ely, Counselor at Law