How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 71 year old man who is 100% disabled as determined by

Customer Question

I am a 71 year old man who is 100% disabled as determined by the VA and social Security. I entered into a divorce action in 2008. A judgment entry in the case was made in March of 2010. The court ruled that I was voluntarily unemployed even though at the time I was 66 and disabled. They then used my income prior to my retirement to impute income that was used to determine spousal support and other payments. They awarded my ex all of the marital and separate assets plus attorney fees even though her actual income n 2010 was greater than mine. I was awarded all of the marital debts. My ex and her attorney were allowed to perjure themselves without consequence. I appealed this pro se up to the Supreme Court of Ohio who refuse to hear the case. I am therefor sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. The court ordered all of my retirement assets including my pensions and social security to be given to my ex who is 59 years old. I am barely getting by in my VA disability benefits which the court wants. I have two adult disabled sons that I take care of. The court is using the contempt of court ruling to take all of my income. I am out of money and cannot get help from anyone. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid I do not know what your question for us on this matter is, since you have appealed all the way to the Supreme Court and the judgment has been upheld? The Supreme Court is the last avenue of relief for those claiming incorrect judgments against them.