How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you give me an estimate of charges work, please. I got

Customer Question

Can you give me an estimate of charges for this work, please.
I got divorced in year 2011. In the divorce papers it states my ex husband owed
me 50K, which he was ordered to pay $1000 per month via wage garnishment of his wages. Approximately 6 months later he quit his job and went to China to be with his new wife. His sister(who works for an attorney) told me he died in China in August 2013. I have reason to believe he is still alive.
I would like to find out if he is alive,(I don't think there has ever been a death certificate issued in the USA) and if so, can his wages be once again garnished to repay me the settlement money.
thank you. Lois MacDonald
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Do you understand that JustAnswer experts cannot take customers as clients? What I can do is tell you what an average attorney would charge you for such an endeavor. Would this be acceptable? Also if you tell me what state this is in, I can provide links/leads to pro bono/low cost counsel. Let me know.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.