Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have limited guardianship of my grandson and I have been

Customer Question
offered a job in Georgia...
I have limited guardianship of my grandson and I have been offered a job in Georgia. His mother is a drug addict and I do not know where she is. His father lives somewhere in Florida, but has never seen him. What do I need to do in order to take my grandson with me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/3/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. You will need to return to court to obtain a modification of they current order.

You mention the "friends of the court" office. This can be a very helpful resource...you can contact them to see if they will assist you with this. IF not? You will want to hire a local attorney to help you prepare and present the request to the court.

The adage "a man who represents himself has a fool for a client" is often true. If you act as your own lawyer, the court will expect you to know the law/rules/procedure/evidence just as if you were admitted to the bar. They (the court) will not cut you any slack. If the goal is to win the case, you need to use an attorney

What you are describing, I would expect the court to approve the request...the challenge is to get the request in front of the court

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer