How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State of FL is pushing to pay child support. I have always

Customer Question

State of FL is pushing for me to pay child support. I have always been in my sons life since the day he was born I signed that I am the father etc. Now The mother of my child which is still my friend has told them that there is no reason for me to be put on child support because I take care of my child plus I always provide for my child. My son has medicaid and she gets food stamps for him. My question is how can I avoid this state from getting me on child support. Will adding my son to a kids insuance keep me off ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) How did the FL Dept of Revenue become involved? Did either you or the mother file for child support or custody via the state?

2) Will the mother agree to drop the child support demand?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.