How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 14yr. old daughter is with child and I am planning on

Customer Question

my 14yr. old daughter is with child and I am planning on getting custody him when It is born. I currently live with my boyfriend will that hurt my chances where the father is concern he is 15 yrs. old and in trouble with the law also his mother does drugs will this help my case when we go to court this is in the state of Maine
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If your boyfriend has no criminal convictions on his record and if he is not a drug addict or alcoholic, then a background check would be clean on him and there should be no concerns.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Keep in mind the father, even though 15, may oppose the custody to you. But it sounds like you are the better person for the health and welfare of the child at this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need to marry my boyfriend or can we still live together when I go for custody
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest there should be no prejudice toward you because you choose not to marry.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

However, you will need to show that you have a loving relationship and the longer it has been the better, of course.

Related Family Law Questions