Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have had custody of my grandchildren on 6 years now. The

Customer Question

I have had custody of my grandchildren for going on 6 years now. The custody was done in Virginia in 2009. The parents abandoned the children in Virginia while we were living there moving back to nebraska. Because of circumstances as in losing our home we moved to nebraska to bring the kids closer to the parents. The mother has mental issues of which she is on Disability for and is on the virginia child abuse registry, the father lives in Iowa and right now unemployed and unstable his self. My husband since Sept has been in and out of hospital and now on dialysis and is on disability I work full time. The mother of the kids are threatening because of Johns health to take me to court for custody. I would like to know what are the chances of her getting custody of her kids
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

With the mental issues and abuse history I think she would have a hard time getting supervised visitation much more custody. If she has not been payingchildsupport thenyou can use that as a counter threat to get her to back off.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you have any further questions, let us know. If you can "accept" the answer, then I can close it out and if you are inclined, a positive rating would be appreciated.