Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Just got kinship care of my grandson. My problem is--my

Customer Question

just got kinship care of my grandson. My problem is--my cousin was planning to parole to my home this year, 2016, if parole is granted. he has 2 felonies--aggravated assault from 2009. Would this be possible as far as still being allowed kinship care or will the child services remove the child? Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Unfortunately, yes. The kinship is based on evaluations of the home environment and background checks for all who are living in the home. So it is very possible that the child could be removed, if it is revealed your paroled cousin is residing there. I suggest, you might consider discussing a new location for your cousin, if you intend to keep the Kinship care in tact.

Please let me know, if you have other questions, need more information or clarification in this regard. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as this is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you.