How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hope you are doing fine, Happy new year 2016. As you have

Customer Question

Dear Sir, hope you are doing fine, Happy new year 2016. As you have answered my previous questions. My questions is, on Nov 30, my attorney said either i can go with trial or negotiate settlement. I choose to go for trial and i even beg to go for trial. Last minute my attorney said if i open my mouth, my husband will be charged on criminal case which is still pending and she said to go for settlement. Since i am from india and i am not aware of court system, i thought only cps can change the language and i have no option to choose any allegations. So whatever my attorney accepted from cps, i accepted. But the allegations are not true. i am not able to sleep and my kids still crying on fear, it is more than 45 days, this is injustice to me and my family. The report itself is not complete correct.
My cry is, is there anyway to tell judge my below points.
My point is, we didnt know on nov 30 that we are allowed to change allegations and thats why we accepted untrue statement out of fear and immigration issues, me and my husband dont have any criminal or even ticket traffic tickets, living on same apartment for 7yrs, pastor and my community more than 30 people came for recommendations, my kids doctor gave letter, the bruise happened accidental and the spanking with wooden spoon iteself is not intentional, the spank is for disrespect behaviour of my 5yr old daughter, there is language error, all interview was not in our language. I would like court to forgive on basis of family circumstance and not abusive.
I asked for motion letter but still my attorney is refusing to do, i feel betrayal and injustice is killing my entire happy joyful family. Please advise. Have blessed and victorious day. Shalom JD.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

I do not have the benefit of luck owing why your current attorney is going you their advice. If your attorney can not explain why she or he is giving you the advice they are, then I would ask to speak to the judge ne,the time your are in court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for immd reply sir. can i talk to judge next time in court? is it possible? i really want to cry my heart to the judge. can i tell judge that i didnot fully understood on nov 30 on settlement, and in the report there is not even single time mention about language barrier. Will they go against my husband in criminal court if i open my cry to judge....i am scare really scare....because here NO one is seeing that we are not abusive. I am not able to talk in correct English.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to change my attorney and hire private attorney at this point?
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Ifor you do not trust or have faith in present attorney fire her and hire another attorney.