How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need my spousal support increased. I need a pro bono

Customer Question

I need my spousal support increased. I need a pro bono attorney. I live on $450 per month after my bills are paid. I really need help. My name is***** I am in Riverside California. My ex husband is making over $100,000 per year and I live on $1880 per month SSI Disability. I was working when I was awarded $850 per month spousal support. My phone number is ***** *** ****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Patricia,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What are you asking about----how to apply for a modification of child support?

2. Are you on SSI (welfare based payment) or SSDI which is social security disability that you paid taxes for?

Thanks in advance,