LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Married on 4/14/1972, separated on 7/18/1972, never saw

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. married on 4/14/1972, separated on 7/18/1972, never saw spouse since then, divorce petition filed on 11/17/2015, forms served on 11/28/2015. A "True-default" case and no children, no property, no debts, nor investments. I have question on filling-up FL180 dates: (1) date marital status ends: 7/18/1972?; item (3) Court acquired jurisdiction: 11/17/2015?; item (4a) Judgment date: 7/18/1972?. FL190 dates: Effective date of termination of marital....: 7/18/1972?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Both agreed to have true-default case; all required forms were served to spouse by her sister and sister signed the FL115 11/28/2015. FL115 FL141 were sent to SD court and got it back. 30 days have passed and getting ready to file FL165, 180 & 190. I have questions on dates on those forms as outlined on prior message. Kindly help. Thanks a lot!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

On FL 180 The date the marital status ends will be the date of your final hearing or 6 months from the date that the other party was served with the petition for divorce---whichever is later. The court cannot issue a decree less than 6 months after service of the divorce lawsuit.

The court acquired jurisdiction on the date the other party was served with the lawsuit.

For the FL 190---keep in mind this is served ONLY after the court has issued the decree of divorce. The date that goes on the FL-190 will be filled in by the court clerk. Leave the date and signature lines blank.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in the coming New Year,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I receive a response from you that follows this line.
"Hi,
To better assist you with your Family Law question, I'd like to offer you an additional service of:Live discussion via phone
I would be more than happy to speak with you on the phone so that you can get all the information that you need in a prompt and efficient manner. for the price of $24."Here is my response "I already provided you detailed information and the questions I asked are very specific. There is nothing more information I can provide you nor any other question I need to asked for you to response other than those I asked in my posting. Just provide me the answers.
With that, I do not take your additional offer.
Thanks."
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I offered the call only in case you wanted to speak in person with me. Before I offered the call I fully answered your questions. Did you not see my answers? I will re-post them here:

Good afternoon,

Doug