Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My daughter is involved in a drawn out divorce case (over 5

Customer Question
My daughter is involved in...
My daughter is involved in a long drawn out divorce case (over 5 months since initial hearing) - 2 yr. old child, issue over custody agreement(s). Her hopefully soon to be ex-spouses mother is the longtime girlfriend of his attorney. Mother in-law has previously been warned by law enforcement to stop driving by house herself or would be charged w/ stalking. The mother-in-law & attorney are continually having her followed, watched, cars parked in front of her house all hours of day & night, etc. Her current attorney seems inclined not to legally retaliate on any issues that have arisen. What can she do legally to stop these continued intimidation and harassment tactics?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
12/30/2015
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your daughter can seek a restraining order against these people and they would have to stay away and refrain from any contact with her in person, via phone, text, email, etc.

She can also file harassment criminal charges against these people if they contact her after she has demanded that they cease doing so.

Roger, Attorney