How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I call dcfs but because I did not see some kids get whipped

Customer Question

I call dcfs but because I did not see some kids get whipped it was not enough. So they told me to call for a wellness check. I no my grands are living in fear of the other grand mother. Am afraid if they go and don't remove the kids more harm will come to them, they beat my daughter on Xmas day for trying to defend one son who walked very far from that house to mine in rain cause he had got beat. They told police my child had a warrent ch she did from 2007. They arrested her and took the kids back to that house. This lady been holding those kids using that threat to keep my child from getting them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about this. I think the best bet would be to have your daughter file a motion in the court that originally granted the father custody and bring these concerns before the judge. He/she will likely order supervised visitation for both parents or some sort of regular monitoring. The optimal end would be a change in custody but the 2007 arrest may prohibit that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No legal custody is in place. You missed my point and did not answer my question. I. Paid money for this no where in my problem did I say this. The kids safety, wellness check. I am capable of taking care those kids. They will be safe with me.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If there is still an active warrant, then yes, she could still be arrested. What I am saying is maybe it is time no to file for a custody order where you seek custody of the children. This would allow the court to determine where the children would be safest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want immediate action now they have to be removed
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

In your motion for custody you can ask for immediate action because you are concerned about the safety of the children. The judge can put them with child protective services or perhaps in your care as he/she reviews the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I hope it all works out for you guys for the sake of the kids and your family. File for it this week and ask for an emergency hearing to explain the situation to the judge. Good luck to you. If you are satisfied with the question, please accept and if you are inclined, provide a rating. Thank you and happy new year.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you need additional information, let me know. If not, please, if you could, "accept" answer and if you are inclined provide a positive rating.

Related Family Law Questions