Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am having a lot of problems with child support. I'm the

Customer Question

My name is***** am having a lot of problems with child support. I'm the one paying child support to two men for four children. One is getting 323.21 a month when I can afford to pay. I havent paid the other because I was told that I had no legal right to my child. But today he is telling me I have 7 days to contact him on payments. Or it will go further in court. I can't pay anything on any of them right now because I barely make 12 dollars an hour. I can't even afford a lawyer or anything. But I do want to fight this. Is there anyway I can without having to go in deep deep debt?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

IF there are child support orders in place, you need to file petitions to modify the support amount to correspond with your income and the number of children you're being required to support. IF you cannot afford an attorney, you should contact your local legal aid office or the state bar association and seek help with finding a local lawyer that can assist you on a pro bono or reduced rate basis.

If you're overpaying for support now, it'd likely be worth the time and expense (in the long run) to get the amount of support due reduced.