How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31768
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a lot of problems with child support. I'm the

Customer Question

My name is***** am having a lot of problems with child support. I'm the one paying child support to two men for four children. One is getting 323.21 a month when I can afford to pay. I havent paid the other because I was told that I had no legal right to my child. But today he is telling me I have 7 days to contact him on payments. Or it will go further in court. I can't pay anything on any of them right now because I barely make 12 dollars an hour. I can't even afford a lawyer or anything. But I do want to fight this. Is there anyway I can without having to go in deep deep debt?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

IF there are child support orders in place, you need to file petitions to modify the support amount to correspond with your income and the number of children you're being required to support. IF you cannot afford an attorney, you should contact your local legal aid office or the state bar association and seek help with finding a local lawyer that can assist you on a pro bono or reduced rate basis.

If you're overpaying for support now, it'd likely be worth the time and expense (in the long run) to get the amount of support due reduced.