How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16622
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in ny. I have no chilldsupport until June 2017 due to

Customer Question

I am in ny. I have no chilldsupport until June 2017 due to an agreement signed. Can I file something to get the courts to change this. My ex also wants to pay less the more he sees him instead of 17%. Can I file something to get this changed too.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Was the current child support agreement reviewed and ordered by the court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer does not tell me what my options are. I paid for information. I am not satisfied.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

This is was not an answer, but an information request.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Generally, if the judge had ordered a child support amount and the date that it starts, the only way a motion to modify / establish child support could be filed by the custodial parent, if there has been material change in circumstances since the child support was ordered, but not because the parent simply thinks that the child support order is unfair or has changed his/her mind and wants earlier and/or higher amount of child support.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions