How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother was recently awarded full custody of 13 and 10 year

Customer Question

Mother was recently awarded full custody of 13 and 10 year old - when they went to visit their father 5 hours away in a different state - both boys now say they want to stay with father. Father says he can't do anything to make boys come back - what are we to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The father legally has no choice but to return the children to the mother let he court's order. If he fails or refuses to do so, the mother can file contempt charges against the father to recover the children.....also, the father could be jailed or fined -- or both -- until the children are returned.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, it's not acceptable to say that he can't do anything with his minor children -- the law considers rhat the father or mother control the children and they shall direct what the child does.