Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If awarded 100 %asset in Ca. The ex spouse has 40% of any

Customer Question
If awarded 100 %asset in...
If awarded 100 %asset in Ca. The ex spouse has 40% of any dividend paid if the asset is sold the spouse then only receives whatever income i earn on the proceeds paid after taxes are paid on the sale correct .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
12/27/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the ex is awarded 40% of any dividend paid, that means that he would get 40% of the proceeds after taxes and costs. So he would get 40% of whatever is left and you would get 60% of whatever is left. Proceeds/dividends would be what is left after all costs and taxes and expenses are paid.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not correct under California law and not satisfied with your answer you did not properly address the question this was a test
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer