How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19664
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Sister-In-Law is a resident of Oklahoma. She is currently

Customer Question

My Sister-In-Law is a resident of Oklahoma. She is currently visiting us in California. She has some friends here in California that are going through some tough financial circumstances and would like their 14 year old to move to Oklahoma with my Sister-In-Law until they get back on their feet. My question is regarding a Power of Attorney for Minor Child. Specifically, what State form/wording should be used? California, or Oklahoma?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

California because the child is a resident of California.

They would need to prepare a custody agreement. You can you use the link below for ideas on what needs to be in the agreement: