How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34996
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I own and hunt with a firearm asd a non-vilont felon

Customer Question

how can I own and hunt with a firearm asd a non-vilont felon
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry to be the one to bear bad news. Unless or until you remove that felony, you can not possess a firearm.

This be because of federal law. Federal law makes it a crime to for a felon to posses a firearm. Even for hunting.

So if the goal is to possess a firearm? You have to remove the conviction.

Consider applying for a pardon. IF you can convince the governor to grant a pardon, you would then be eligible to possess a firearm

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that there was some way to possess a firearm with a felony conviction, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I get a pardon for my felony with Missouri's govoner , who or how and where do I mail this request to ???
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry....I was under the impression it was from AZ, no?

Your question said
tried motioning the federal courts in mo. and they said they didn't have the jurisdiction to expunge my non-violent felony from az.

Is that not accurate?