How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is having an affair an we were about to start

Customer Question

My wife is having an affair an we were about to start divorce proceedings. she claims i pushed her and caused an injury when in fact she feel. we have a six year old daughter. she went to the er the next day and she said she had to report it to the police because that was the ers procedure. i dont believe her. this happened two days before christmas. i told her i would pack my backs because i didnt want rickie to see me served with a temporary restraining order. she said there is not a restraining order because that would kill our daughter not to see me. i believe her i guess but i read that once she reports domestic abuse its not up to her anymore. what should i expect? a visit from law enforcemnet?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If she calls the police and reports a DV event, then you're likely going to have an arrest warrant issued for can likely turn yourself in and bond out the same day......but it's likely coming.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You may want to contact the local authorities and inquire about the issue....and if there is a warrant could turn yourself in instead of having the authorities show up at your door.

Related Family Law Questions