How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34957
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In custody cases, who is responsible lawyer's fees?

Customer Question

In custody cases, who is responsible for the lawyer's fees?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

In NC, each side is responsible to pay their own lawyers fees.

Now...if this is a case where one parent is in "contempt" of a child custody order, and must hire a lawyer to have the court resolve the problem, they can ask the court to have the party in contempt pay their fees.

But otherwise? Both sides pay their own lawyers fees

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer, but I have a problem---the reason why my ex-husband has gotten over on me is because he won't pay me the court order restitutions and our credit is blocked until we get to court, and I need all of it desparately. How do I get him and the law here in Charlotte, N.C. to help get clear and corrected and out of hostage mode?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

You asked a separate question regarding military matters...did you see my proposal on that (that we can talk on the phone about this)?