How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A judge removed my daughter from my custody I have been her

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. A judge removed my daughter from my custody I have been her sole caregiver since birth, and now she is to live with a man she barely kknows. The judge had ex parte communications with the lawyer, they made baseless accusations against me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have always wanted my daughter to have a relationship with her father. In 2009 I went to court for child support, he had just been laid off and ask me to help him out. He came with a lawyer and I did not. The lawyer wrote that we will share legal and physical custody she will spend a week with each of us until she entered school my ex only took her 2 weekends in 2013 i filed a modification to the order seeking sole legal and physical custody and child support. In february of 2014 we showed up in court, we never saw the judge, and he was able to file a late answer. we received a date to return in July. But he received a date to respond to the serve in april. he showed up with lawyers in april and they accused me of abusing my daughter, being a manic depressive who refuse to take drugs. i allow my daughter to care for herself
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this issue? Did they ever present any evidence of you letting your daughter care for herself and you not properly caring for your daughter? Did they ever present evidence in court of your mental illness?
Did the court set another date to return?

Related Family Law Questions