How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31692
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was born in TN out of wedlock but we have

Customer Question

Customer: My daughter was born in TN out of wedlock but we have resided in NC for the past 8 years. We were able to work together for manyyears on visitation, she went every other weekend. He didn't have a car for 5 years and I took her to and from his house for visitation or to meet his mom when she wanted visits. Her Birth Father brought forth a custody suit wanting full custody after 11 years. Since filing, he did get a car. He has been withholding visitation since Oct 30th. He made false allegations that I "bashed in her face" ( I guess not thinking that that kind of thing would have been noticed, at school, church, cheerleading, scouts, and the variety of other activities kids do) to procure physical possession of our daughter and I ended up cleared by DSS pretty quickly.Anyways, he still will not allow me or my family to see or talk to our daughter. I try to communicate through different mediums, tell her we love her, as have her grandparents.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its in court now and a guardian ad litem's been appointed, hoping that will help. What can I do? in the meantime its been months while, waitng in court. on court Ive been told I have every legal right to go yank her from school and bring her home but, it seems unfair to her. Oh, after the allegation was made, he pulled her from school and changed her doctors andenrolled her in another school with out my knowledge
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: In the meantime, my attorney is withdrawin after 14k being spent and he just doesnt show for mediation and itjust keeps getting drawn out. I feel helpless and broke
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist.

The only thing you could to in the short-term would be to file an emergency motion for a temporary visitation/custody order and ask the judge to grant you visitation rights with the child due to the other parent's refusal to cooperate.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you don't do that, you're likely just going to have to wait until the hearing and let the judge address the issues at that point. But, the better option is to seek a temporary order so you'll have rights to visitation.

Related Family Law Questions