How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California my daughter was residing in north

Customer Question

i live in California my daughter was residing in north Carolina with her grand father . her bio father lied to cps and coached my daughter into claiming abuse the cps did not call me they just let him pull her from school he took her to Florida , he claimed to cps in NC that he had a 2 bed room and stable job they didn't look into it now she has been in Florida only since dec2 and today i spoke with winter park sheriff and apparently she has been exchanging pornographic images with a 20 year old but again the father didn't contact me hes to busy trying to make it seem im not involved how do i approach this situation to get her out of there to me and or back up to her grand father i dont really know where to start due to different laws in states and Cali and Florida are very far she is 12 will be 13 in Sept
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Was there ever a custody agreement or order and if so, in what state?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Are you there? If you could get me answers to my questions I can proceed to answer you question.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you are not the biological father, you will have a very difficult time trying to get custody away from here biological father but you might be able to take away custody from him and get her back into the home of the grandfather. If she is exchanging pornographic pictures as a minor and doing other inappropriate things then you might be able to call Florida Department of children and families. The grandfather then might be able to regain guardianship or custody.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.