How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27549
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a grandson that is drug user as well as s girl friend

Customer Question

I have a grandson that is drug user as well as his girl friend they have a child together and I have the child more than they do I would like to know who I go to and get a document that will allow me to take the baby to the Doctor when needed. They keep promising to sign a notarized statement giving me permission to get her medical attention but ever time we are suppose to go and get the papers signed the girlfriend has something else to do.
What can I do as the grandmother? They do have a case worked and every time the case worker comes and does a drug test the mom tests positive but my grandson does not so they are doing nothing, however, the reason my grandson is not testing positive is because he has someone else urinate in the contained because they are not supervised when they urinate. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. At this point, you would want to go to a family law attorney and explain to them the situation and ask them to draft a document, which would allow you to act and make decisions ( i.e. medical), on behalf of the child, when the parents are not present, since you take care of the baby. If they will not cooperate and agree, you would need to proceed through the court and have it ordered. Essentially, you want to obtain temporary guardianship/custody of the child, so you can act on their behalf.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Related Family Law Questions