How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to find a low cost lawyer, to stop my wife she's trying

Customer Question

Need to find a low cost lawyer, to stop my wife she's trying to take my children. I am a stay at home Dad. We have started our divorce and after she a banded by us. Help, my sons don't want to leave me either.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If your are a stay-at-home dad, you can actually file a motion with the court and ask the judge to require her to pay your attorney's fees so you can have competent counsel of your own. If you want to go this route, you'd just need to contact a lawyer, discuss the situation and make clear that he/she would need to file this motion on the front-end to make sure that compensation is taken care of. This is a fairly common issue, so most lawyers will be familiar with the protocol.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The other option would be to seek out help from a pro bono lawyer in your area. You could contact your state bar assn or a local legal aid office for direction....but the state bar assn is likely the best resource.