How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved from Alabama in October of last year. I devorced in

Customer Question

Customer: I moved from Alabama in October of last year. I devorced in 2008, but my ex-wife lives with me. No tax returns have been filed jointly at anytime of our relationship. All bills of my house are in my name. What leagle ties do I have in resolving this relationship?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to resolve the relationship, but she will not move from my house. She has bank notes in her name in Alabama and all house notes utility bills are in my name.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have no legal ties to her. She is your ex wife and it is no different than living with a roommate or moving a girlfriend into YOUR home. If you want her out, give her written 30 day notice to vacate and if she refuses, you would treat her just like any other tenant and you will file a suit against her for eviction and serve her and the court will order her to get out.

Related Family Law Questions