How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The father of my children does not have legal guardianship

Customer Question

The father of my children does not have legal guardianship over himself, can he get custody of minor children???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Why does the father of your children not have legal guardianship over himself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has a traumatic brain injury that happened when he was 17 - he's now 32. His mother makes all legal and medical decisions for him. He also has terminal cancer and MS. We have 2 children under the age of 4, we are not married, we've never lived together and he has not given me any child support/money in the past 4 years.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Under those circumstances, it is unlikely that a court would grant him custody of the children.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I didn't think so!!
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Happy Holidays!

Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.