How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RONB-ESQ Your Own Question
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RONB-ESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wife and I divorced March 2012 in Dupage county Il. No

Customer Question

Wife and I divorced March 2012 in Dupage county Il. No children born or adoped to us. Wife was ordered by divorce decree to pay to me $1,500.00 for 24 months. She has done that. Also approx. $150,000.00 RCMA account was ordererd released to me at Merrill Lynch Acount. She has refused to do so. Do I spend more money for the court to enforce decree? Should I ask the court to extend my $1,500.00 as I had no funds availaible to use from RCMA?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am sorry you have found yourself in this situation and are now having to deal with it. Do you know whether the proceeds are still there? While I am uncertain a Judge would extend spousal maintenance I have little doubt the Judge would order her to pay for your attorney's fees and cost associated with a motion to have her held in contempt for failure to comply with the Judges order. My key worry would be that the $150K was actually still there. Hopefully the account requires interaction by both parties?

Does that answer the question you posed? If not feel free to reply here with a request to clarify or follow up questions.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Just thought I should follow up and make sure I answered your question if not please reply here with any follow up or any request to clarify my answer.

In case you are new to Just Answer I wanted to let you know that I am just an attorney setting at my home office and do not work directly for them. After you leave positive feedback (good-excellent) then I get a portion of what you paid JA. Thank you in advance for leaving positive feedback before you log off. Do note that after leaving positive feedback you are welcome to reply here with any follow up questions you have related to your original question for free as long as needed.