How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RONB-ESQ Your Own Question
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RONB-ESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I raised my child alone, her father was never in the

Customer Question

I raised my child alone, her father was never in the picture, he retired and wanted his child support reduced, the mediator kicked my daughter out of the court room, and said , she needs to be be in school, I said we'll this is the first time she met her father, and I felt it was important, she was so arrogant and inappropriate, my daughter was crying, is this right?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Text is okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you had to go through that and more so for your daughter. The mediator acted in an unprofessional manner and when along with him I would advise him of the same. Note necessarily in front of other parties except your attorney if you are represented. She should have dealt with this before hand by explaining (I don't know child' age) that children should not be involved in adult proceeding nor deal with adult problems. As such, she should have advised before hand and/or your attorney that you should confirm that the mediator wants the child present. Most Judges handles this with professionalism by calling just the parents and their attorneys or just attorneys back to his chambers. There not in front of other he might remind the party of the Court's rule (most have strict rules about bring a child to an adult proceeding unless the Judge request it. He/she would then tell parent or attorney's to go back explain that the child can't attend and have them make arrangements for care as needed.

I can understand the mediator not wanting her/him there, but she should have handled much better. There is nothing that would have stopped you from having her meet dad after mediation out side or at a public place and mediator should have professionally explained this.



Sorry I saw text only and as I note in the intro I am not sending any request for a phone call until you ask for it. I just can't text fast enough to get that to you while I was also typing your answer.

Please ask follow ups as needed. To answer your question No she should not have handled it in a way that upset you or child

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

I should have said "when alone with her"

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and make sure I fully answered your question. If not please reply here with any follow up questions or any request to clarify my answer.

In case you are new to Just Answer I wanted to let you know that I am just an attorney setting at my home office and do not work directly for them. After you leave positive feedback (good-excellent) then I get a portion of what you paid JA. Thank you in advance for leaving positive feedback before you log off. Do note that after leaving positive feedback you are welcome to reply here with any follow up questions you have related to your original question for free as long as needed.



Related Family Law Questions