How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Been looking at your site couple of years. Read some

Customer Question

Been looking at your site for a couple of years. Read some previous questions and your responses. Moved to Costa Rica in 2007. I am a Pensionado Resident. Got married to a Tica in June 2011. We had issues, but not serious. I wanted to return to pursue my previous golf employment. She suggested I move back to the U.S. I did in September 2013. While we communicate she only visited U.S. in mid 2014. I have not returned to Costa Rica since my departure. Your thought?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Unfortunately we are not really here to provide personal opinions on your the situation. But I can answer specific questions.

Please answer the following:

Are you asking about my thoughts on her immigrating to the US?

Are you asking how she can immigrate to the US?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to both questions. At this time I don't feel she wants to immigrate to the US. I don't anticipate me moving back to Costa Rica. What's involve in me filing for divorce in New Mexico and having it be valid in Costa Rica?
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks for the information. I need to send this to the Family Law section, instead of the Immigration Law topic area. Please be patient, as this might take a while. Also, do not respond to this, as it will further delay the transfer. Thank you!

Related Family Law Questions