Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a prenup which need to be reviewed. is this something

Customer Question

Hi
I have a prenup which need to be reviewed.
is this something you can help with?
Thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Can you upload it (using the paperclip icon) and what questions do you have regarding it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the bride and want to your opinion on this prenup if there are any areas I need to be concerned about? Can we speak on the phone?

I wish I could contact you with a phone call, but that's considered legal advice and counsel at that point, rather than answering a legal question, and as such is prohibited by the terms of service of this site. That option is there because there are many different categories on this site, but only one (legal) has such a restriction on forming an attorney-client relationship. But we can continue the question here.

So to be clear, you don't have any specific questions, correct? Can you tell me what you think it means and what understanding that you have regarding the prenup ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the wrong file first time

Okay. Again, to be clear, you don't have any specific questions, correct? Can you tell me what you think it means and what understanding that you have regarding the prenup ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand what prenup means. We agreed with my fiancee that we will both list our assets and in case of the divorce the assets we had before we keep and what will only share the assets we acquired during our marriage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like you to read the document and understand it there is anything else included and if you see any areas you think I should be concerned about.

Not what "prenup" means, but what the terms of the prenup means.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not exactly, hence contacting you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you explain to me the terms of the prenup please

The prenup is 10 pages long. An effective and complete contractual review typically takes minimum 10 minutes a page, with probably 10 more minutes for explanation. That's over 3 hours. Now I can certainly look through it and see if there's anything that stands out as something that you might be concerned about, but I frankly don't have the time to explain the entire contract, word for word. I only get a percentage of what you paid for an answer ($18). My typical answer is completed in 10 minutes or less, and I am answering specific questions in those. If you have a specific question about a specific clause in the prenup, I can certainly address that. But doing a detailed analysis and explanation of every sentence in the contract is outside the scope of what I can provide for you.

Does that make sense? If that's unacceptable, please let me know and I'll opt out.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will come back to you with specific questions

Okay. I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond with specific follow up questions, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

Do you have your questions?

Hello?

You have not responded in some time. Can you tell me what your specific questions are?