Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Granddaughter has child with a man she is not married to.

Customer Question

granddaughter has child with a man she is not married to. They have had both joint parenting, but the mother has a drinking and drug problem and the father, works night and week ends and any time he has daughter he leaves her with who ever will keep her. The grandmother has been keeping her a lot. She is 4 years old and wants to stay with the grandmother. What is the chance of the mother have legal and join with the father
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Are the parents in agreement to transfer custody over to the grandmother?