How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9336
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have joint physical custody with my sons dad but court

Customer Question

I have joint physical custody with my sons dad but court order that states I am the residential parent and he gets visitation. He lives in a different state so he gets holidays and summer. When my son was 6 I sent him to live with his dad in order to go to a better school and get a better education. Dad told me that I could unilaterally change this situation at anytime to have my son to come back and live with me again. He also stated hat he would not use this situation to gain custody of our son no matter the length of time. My son has been there for four years now. I know my son wants to live with me. Dad is now playing games and not allowing me to see him. What are my options and what if I decide that it is time for him to live with me again?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

You would have to ask him to return the boy and if he refuses, you can file a contempt citation against him in the Court that issued the custody order.

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Family Law Questions