LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

Is there a legal method of changing my name and social

Customer Question

Is there a legal method of changing my name and social security number? And second most importantly, did I select the correct legal type (Family Law)? Should I have selected a different type of law specialty?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Is the name change due to a divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surprisingly yes. But not for my wife, for me. My wife has for 26 years applied for and partially paid bills. She even applied fo4r and got a new Chrysler 300. Sometimes the only vway I know she applied for something is when someone miswses a payment. Tyhen they want me. If I'm going to start a new life, it shouldn't be with me worrying if or when she will do it again., She knows that I would never involve the authorities against her
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

OK; a few minutes please.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Here is information on a social security number name change: https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3789/Can-I-change-my-Social-Security-number

As you will see, you will need to convince them that it is causing undue harassment. Then they will issue a new number. Let me get the name change info.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Here is the information on the name change including forms -

http://www.georgialegalaid.org/resource/change-names-for-adults-gwinnett

they will generally approve a name change for an adult, so long as its purpose is not to defraud third parties.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for using JA. If you have further questions please post here and I will reply. Otherwise kindly rate Positively so the site credits me for assisting you today. Thank you and take care!