How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10055
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a legal method of changing my name and social

Customer Question

Is there a legal method of changing my name and social security number? And second most importantly, did I select the correct legal type (Family Law)? Should I have selected a different type of law specialty?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Is the name change due to a divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surprisingly yes. But not for my wife, for me. My wife has for 26 years applied for and partially paid bills. She even applied fo4r and got a new Chrysler 300. Sometimes the only vway I know she applied for something is when someone miswses a payment. Tyhen they want me. If I'm going to start a new life, it shouldn't be with me worrying if or when she will do it again., She knows that I would never involve the authorities against her
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

OK; a few minutes please.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Here is information on a social security number name change:

As you will see, you will need to convince them that it is causing undue harassment. Then they will issue a new number. Let me get the name change info.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Here is the information on the name change including forms -

they will generally approve a name change for an adult, so long as its purpose is not to defraud third parties.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for using JA. If you have further questions please post here and I will reply. Otherwise kindly rate Positively so the site credits me for assisting you today. Thank you and take care!

Related Family Law Questions