How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37376
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Got married about 10 year s ago wife left the country about

Customer Question

Got married about 10 year s ago wife left the country about 5years can not find her how do I file for divorce, no children
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


If your spouse is not able to be located, then you can still get a divorce, you would just need to file the petition for divorce, and then explain to the judge that she is gone out of the country. Then the judge can allow you to get "service by publication" which is where you put an ad in the paper once a week, typically for 2-3 weeks and then the judge considers that to be good service so you can proceed with a default divorce.





Related Family Law Questions