Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I want to file a claim of harassment
, I am in Dubai

Customer Question
Customer: I want to file...
Customer: I want to file a claim of harassment
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am in Dubai working for a branch of a US company. 15 months ago I got into a relationship with a colleague. He was actually my functional boss at the time. He told me he was long separated and going through divorce. Talked me through the steps so in August said he was waiting for the judge to rule and sign final decree. in the meantime had taken me and my kids on holiday. Proposed to me. October came to Dubai and said he had arranged to work out of Dubai for two months so we could make a go of it. Bought wedding rings. then despite telling me he had told his almost ex-wife about having someone else he proceeded to text her to tell her!!!!! then decided it was all too much and went back to the US under family duress and went back to her. I have since had strings of emails and texts from her and him which are vitriolic and disgusting me and my kids are in counseling because of this. I'm just emotionally drained and need it to stop
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Are you sure you can help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/13/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she is in the US, you would have to seek to file a harassment suit against her in the US to seek to stop her conduct and seek compensation for the intentional infliction of emotional distress. This means you would need to engage a local attorney in the city where they are located to file the suit on your behalf and you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You would be seeking to sue for the emotional distress, which is proven by the counseling and also asking for a protective order (restraining order) preventing them from having any further contact with you.
I've looked on the lexmundi site and can't find anything related to Emotional distress and protective disorder. What type of law would this fall under?
Thank you for your reply.
You need a "civil litigation" attorney, there is no specialty for "emotional distress" or "protective order" attorneys. It is a general civil litigation attorney that would handle claims like your claims.

Thank you for your reply.

Unless you have any further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer