How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I am going through a divorce. I

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I am going through a divorce. I requested the appointment of GAL. The judge made comment that I am going to appoint the right one for this case. GAL was appointed. She was rude to me. Told me to only answer her questions. Told me to shut up. Told me she already knew what the truth was. When I attempted to express my concerns for our sons safety and my wife's repeated refusal to follow his pediatric treatment orders I was told to shut up. I do not want to hear anything bout your wife.In Court, she ranted on for 5 minutes going back 20 years, speaking about things that had nothing to do with our son. His mother. any of my children. She lied to the court on 9 issues including what she viewed on my facebook page on posting of my son and what she saw personally. I have the transcript and proof of her knowingly lying to the judge. I have supervised visits now (Temp). In one situation this GAL defies the laws of nature by telling the court that my wife showed her a video posted to facebook where she stated it was terrible to watch. I'm teasing my son with a sucker. That you can watch me extending it to him and when he reaches to get it I pull back. I do this a couple times. You watch our son cry. The problem with the GALs statement to the Court is that I only posted 4 pictures. No video was ever made. The heading is, Its amazing that a sucker this small could leave a big mess like this on the face. My facebook is Geoff Krohn. I'm in Wisconsin. I have no attorney and that has sunk me. I have other lies that I can expose that are as blatant. I don't know where to go with this. I saved my wifes life noticing she had a stroke. Got her to ER. When son was born months later, she was so exhausted that I got up in hospital every 3 hrs to change diaper, make new bottle (no breast Feeding) and laid him on my chest to sleep. I did this for 4 days in hospital. When released I did same for 2 months and took son to work at 7am with me. Wife wouldn't come around until 2pm and then went on doctors appts, shopping, prayer groups etc. I was our son's primary caregiver for first 14 months. I need help. Our son Elijah needs help. If you can help direct me I would be forever indebted to you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did I submit too much? I'm sorry
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is a shame when these GAL are so biased and incompetent, but legally this is something we see all of the time. You are going to have to show up in court with your actual evidence and witnesses to show she is not credible. The fact she made a statement about your facebook that is not true means you can bring in proof of that to the court.
Furthermore, you need to bring witnesses to testify in court.
I know you have no attorney and it is likely a money issue, but realistically you need to get one. The reason being is that your evidence and witnesses MUST be presented to the court strictly following your state rules of evidence and also your state rules of civil procedure. Also, having an attorney will take the emotional component out of your case and directly hit on the facts and each lie the GAL is stating. If you cannot find any way to afford an attorney, then legal aid or calling the state bar association for the pro bono attorneys in your area or going to the local law school can get you the assistance you need and you will need assistance in presenting your case to the court to overcome the GAL and their lies.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Unless you have any further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.