How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16369
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was given atpm of dec.31st 2015. now they have

Customer Question

my son was given atpm of dec.31st 2015. now they have recanted after sending a parole officer to verify the address. when i called to find out why they said it wasnt time. he has done 23yrs teaches re entry and conflict and resolution. hes in faith and character dorm and a model inmate. heart broken and cnfused.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


I am sorry to hear about this. Have you spoken with your son to see if he knows what happened or if there were any incidents since his parole approval that might have impacted the decision to grant the parole? Unfortunately, the parole board makes mistakes and because they do not really answer to anyone, they can simply correct their mistake by rescinding an earlier order, no matter who it impacts. If there was an incident and it was not just a mistake on the part of the parole board, I can tell you that once the other inmates learn that parole has been granted to one of them, there are certain inmates who try to start trouble with that inmate in order to mess up the parole date and plans as well. Even if the incident was not your son's fault and he was defending himself, the prison and parole board can simply ignore the facts and rescind or delay a release date.


Unfortunately, you will not know what the reason is until your son tells you or he gives the prison permission to tell you. But, the prison and parole board can do what they did without answering to anyone and without recourse, so there is not much you can do at this point except find out what the problem is or was and try to correct the matter so that he can make parole when his case comes up for review again.