How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to sign away my parental rights. I had a one

Customer Question

I would like to sign away my parental rights. I had a one time involvement with a Native American girl. I was deployed before she told me she was pregnant. I offered to be responsible once my paternity was established, but she ran to child services and got a court order requiring me to pay child support. I do not have a problem with this but she refuses to allow me to see the child. He is now 4 years old. And when I threaten to take her back to court to have visitation she says she will run to the reservation. She is very rude with me when she will take my calls and I am at loss. Because of our situation, I would like to terminate my rights so I am not financially responsible any longer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, child support and visitation are completely to separate legal issues and the court would generally not terminate parental rights / child support, unless the child is legally adopted by another adult.

So, if the visitation is an issue, then it is important to file for visitation right away and once visitation is granted, if the mother doesn't comply with the court ordered visitation, then she could be held in contempt of court and sanctioned.

I wish you the best of luck!

Related Family Law Questions