How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If CPS took a child from the parents and give the child to a

Customer Question

If CPS took a child from the parents and give the child to a grandparent who has had 2 strokes which left her blind in one eye and failing memory, then takes a nap during the day and the boy who is 4 yrs old is left to roam about the house on his own.
This child unlocks the front door to the street, goes out in the backyard , climbs up on a chair when he wants something, which could be medicine or anything else.
This child is turning 5 in 8 days, and very smart.
The grandmother is the boys mother who got my daughter pregnant ., this woman is not a relative only the grandmother.
I don't believe this boy should be left alone to roam by himself, he is in complete jeopardy
and could possibly be kidnapped, choke to death,or poison himself while she takes a nap.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The grandmother is the boys mother who got my daughter pregnant ., this woman is not a relative only the grandmother.

1. Can you please clarify above statement. Are you saying that your daughter and this boy are the parents of the 4 year old?

2. Are the child's parent unfit to care for him?

3. Are you wanting to take guardianship of the child and if so how are you related? Are you also the child's grandparent?

4. What would you like to see happen here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are the parents but never married and the boy has not provided anything for this child . they are separated, then my daughter got married and was taking care of her son, got pregnant and had a girl, the father of the boy does not want to have anything to do with his son, he got married and has a child.They never mistreated the children or had any trouble with both children, then one day the grandmother of the boy called CPS and told them the children were being mistreated and the apt. was a mess, now this grandparent had not been over to my daughters home for over 7 months, bt called CPS and both my daughter and husband were handcuffed & put in jail, and the children then went with each grandparent of the children.