How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118192
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was granted a leave of court to amend appeal but need the

Customer Question

I was granted a leave of court to amend appeal but need the assistance of an attorney, how much time do I have?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When leave is granted to amend an appeal, the court is supposed to give a time in which you have to submit the amended appeal. You need to read your court order again, because it has to be in there or you would have to ask the court, because there is no time set in the rules as leave to amend an appeal is up to the court's discretion.
As far as assistance of an attorney to amend your appeal, state law forbids anyone on this site from representing you, so we can only answer specific questions, but cannot actually amend your appeal for you I am afraid. Thank you for understanding that.